Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you beleive in aliens
Just like the title says, why?

For me, I have seen a UFO twice, plus logic would tell you that they exist if you look at it this way

The universe is massive with billions of stars and billions more planets, some of those planets have to be able to support life as it is arrogant to think Earth the only one.

That said, look at the age of the universe and compare that with what has happened here in the past and ask yourself "How far advanced would the dinosaurs be if they had lived all this time. So if around the same time the dinos evolved another species somewhere of in the cosmos had also evolved but didn't die out, how advanced would they be?
I don't think it is arrogance to think we are the only race in the universe. It would be arrogance to think we were the most developed race, though, if there exist others.

The thing is, although there are so many planets in the universe, in order to be able to habitat life those places would need to have specific requirements like a certain combination of elements, like a certain gravity, like a certain distance from a sun. not too far, not too close.
Logic says this should be true somewhere, but logic although dictates that those aliens would need to be almost like we are.
Dinosaurs wouldn't have evolved in a way that is equal to mammals.

Sci-fi like creatures and life forms of various shape are a myth, in my eyes. Because if those exist they would not fit how our physical world works.
With as many billions of stars in the universe that are capable of supporting life, I think it is highly likely that extraterrestrials exist. Based on recent scientific findings, they may not be carbon based either, so what they are like and what the conditions are like for them to be able to exist are anybody's guess. They might be just like us or they may be so different from us that we can't conceive what they're like.

JayCee, like you I believe because altho I've never encountered an Alien life-form (as far as I know, to date), something intelligent has to be piloting the numerous non-terrestrial craft that I have been seeing for all of my life. Basically, for me, it's gone on from there...

But, here's something of interest pertaining to other life-forms that not everyone realizes:

Quote:The statitistics

1) The number of galaxies. An estimated 50 billion galaxies are visible with modern telescopes and the total number in the universe must surely exceed this number by a huge factor, but we will be conservative and simply double it. That's 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the universe.

2) The number of stars in an average galaxy. As many as hundreds of billions in each galaxy.

Lets call it just 100 billion.

That's 100,000,000,000 stars per galaxy.

3)The number of stars in the universe.

So the total number of stars in the universe is roughly 100 billion x 100 billion.

That's 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, 10 thousand, billion, billion. Properly known as 10 sextillion. And that's a very conservative estimate.

4) The number of stars that have planetary systems. The original extra-solar system planet hunting technology dictated that a star needed to be to close to us for a planet to be detected, usually by the stars 'wobble'. Better technology that allows us to measure the dimming of a stars brightness when a planet crosses its disk has now revolutionised planet hunting and new planets are being discovered at an ever increasing rate. So far (August 2003) around 100 have been discovered so we have very little data to work on for this estimate. Even so, most cosmologists believe that planetary formation around a star is quite common place. For the sake of argument let us say it's not and rate it at only one in a million and only one planet in each system, as we want a conservative estimate, not an exaggerated one. That calculation results in:

10,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe. Ten million, billion, as a conservative estimate.

5) The number planets capable of supporting life. Let's assume that this is very rare among planets and rate it at only one in a million. Simple division results in:

10,000,000,000 planets in the universe capable of producing life. Ten billion!

Kinda makes you gulp, don't it? lol.

Nah, based on these statistics, there's no way we're alone in the universe... Smile

Still, those numbers simply don't take into account things like the needed distance to a sun and necessary mixture of elements on a planet.
To me personally this means there aren't million of races in the galaxy, but there still can be some. However, it is highly unlikely they visited earth.
(01-29-2011, 01:33 PM)Tazeden Wrote: Still, those numbers simply don't take into account things like the needed distance to a sun and necessary mixture of elements on a planet.
To me personally this means there aren't million of races in the galaxy, but there still can be some. However, it is highly unlikely they visited earth.

Why? What source do you have for saying that it's unlikely they've visited earth? Tongue

I am not talking about a source. What source could prove they didn't do something?
I am simply talking about reason. If they are so far away that we can't even spot them, how would they reach us? How would they visit us and still be relatively unknown?
I am not convinced Smile
(01-29-2011, 01:44 PM)Tazeden Wrote: I am not talking about a source. What source could prove they didn't do something?
I am simply talking about reason. If they are so far away that we can't even spot them, how would they reach us? How would they visit us and still be relatively unknown?
I am not convinced Smile

But, who says that are all that far away? What if they are visitors from a parallel dimension?

Quote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/200...luni.shtml

Scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them. These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form. Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimetre away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours...

Well, if they are from another dimension, they could certainly be of any form. But then they aren't really aliens, they wouldn't perhaps not need to travel by spacecrafts, but they would need to adjust to our physical truth ^^
Anyway, thinking like that, that they visit us from other dimensions, would make deliberating an idle task, because anything would be possible Smile
Does that mean that maybe one day we can truly discover Hyperspace travel?

~Xeo
Alive2Play - A website for gamers!