Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dancing balls of light - my experience
When I was a small child (perhaps 4 or 5), a strange phenomenon began to take place in my bedroom. Sometimes I would awaken in the middle of the night, and find a dozen or so orbs of various colored lights floating in the room around me.

When this first began, I would scream until my parents came into my room, and the orbs would vanish. My father would be furious. As a result, I came to fear my father more than the glowing orbs, so I stopped calling for help. I would just lay in bed and watch them dance throughout my room.

Eventually they began coming before I fell asleep. As soon as I was put to bed they would arrive within minutes. But I no longer feared them. In fact, I learned that I could control them with my mind, and get them to move in various patterns. Eventually it became fun. And then one day it stopped, and I never saw the lights again.

A few years ago, when I was in my late twenties, my father and I went for a walk. He shared with me a story from his childhood which he had never told anyone before. As he described it, as a child colored balls of light would come into his bedroom and dance around him. He eventually learned to move them with his thoughts. After several years they stopped coming.

Has anyone heard about anything similar to this? The closest account that I have found was in the autobiography of Carl Jung. He talks about colored orbs hovering over his bed as a child. Otherwise, I haven't been able to find any more info about this sort of experience.
Fantasy Writing Tips - Mythic Scribes Community
I have seen orbs move around, but as an adult and in an area where it was thought of as a haunted location. It hovered, changed colours and faded away before we got to the area where it was floating at. Very cool story DelDrago...
Napman (Rob)
...Ask questions get answers...
yes delDrago, I agree with Napman, that's a fascinationg account of an experience, which has the added interest of hearing that your Father experienced the exact same phenomenon. Thanks for sharing. Smile
Thanks! I've always wanted to learn more about this sort of thing, but I've never really known where to look.

As for WHAT the orbs are, I have no idea. Spiritual entities? Perhaps. Or maybe they were just something in my mind, caused by brain chemistry inherited from my dad. Who knows. I keep wondering, though, if anyone else has ever experienced this as a child.
DelDrago, I did a search for these ‘dancing balls of light’ because I’d never heard of them before (I’d heard of Orbs, but your experience sounded like something entirely different), and it was an interesting subject. I was surprised at the amount of info about this type of phenomenon that is out there, and also, of how many folk there are reporting similar experiences.

Here is just one of the many that I found, below…

Quote:Hey, it's the tropics. We get plenty of mice and rats out here. With all this greenery, there is plenty for them to feed on. I let the dog out of the car, and she was really nervous. It was not like here to stick so closely by my side.

It was five steps later when I saw them all. Out of the dark they came at me. Blue and white balls of energy. Some researchers call them orbs, traveling Souls, Ghosts. I call the smaller lights, just- energy balls.

There is a difference in the energy of a Spirit/Soul. I can feel the difference... But they can travel along with these energy balls. I don't know why, but they do. I saw a child that night. She formed from a larger blue-white misty ball. She came and went in a blink.

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-gho...story=4627

Fascinating...
Hey Laurie,

Thanks for looking into this. I checked out the story above, and noticed some similarities. In particular, see talked about these "energy balls" and how they "were too many to count." That matches up somewhat with what I experienced.

The only significant difference, though, is that the balls that I experienced were a multitude of different colors, while hers were blue and white. I'm not sure if that difference is significant or means something, though.
(01-29-2011, 01:28 PM)DelDrago Wrote: Hey Laurie,

Thanks for looking into this. I checked out the story above, and noticed some similarities. In particular, see talked about these "energy balls" and how they "were too many to count." That matches up somewhat with what I experienced.

The only significant difference, though, is that the balls that I experienced were a multitude of different colors, while hers were blue and white. I'm not sure if that difference is significant or means something, though.

http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Spirit_..._and_Color
I've got many pictures with orbs or maybe there dust particles, IDK. One time cooking in the kitchen a size between tennis and ping pong round golden bubble appeared on my stove top. Moved around the burners and than went into one starting it up on fire. Warped the burner and had to be replaced. We get these flashes in the house, this place could be something that attracts lightening because it hits things in the house and fries them out, had the cable guy have to replace wire that was melted and it didn't have a current and shouldn't have one, so lightening had to have struck it.

Attached Files Image(s)