Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you think Aliens have religion?
So lets say far far away there are advanced lifeforms similar to humans or even more advanced, do you think they have religion, or maybe something entirely different? Or maybe something similar.
I dont think so, unless Christ came there too, lol! But to be honest I dont think there is any religion if aliens really exists..
ConfusedConfused:CURIOUS!
same here! we also do not know if they have the capacity to think the way we do. what do you think?
(12-20-2010, 07:36 PM)menk_11 Wrote: same here! we also do not know if they have the capacity to think the way we do. what do you think?

That's true for all we know they have already found the answer to life.
If they are anything like us human beings they will have some kind of religion. Although I am not religious myself, I believe religion in itself is an important factor to most forms of non-biological evolution.
I think that there are two sides to the coin.
if they are sapient in a sense that they think for themselves and have feelings and emotions they are likely to have some kind of religion.
It's not that hard to imagine, think about the Asari Justicar in Mass Effect 2. They are some sort of Monastic order but they do not believe in god, that's the asari's
"religion".

~Xeo
Alive2Play - A website for gamers!
If they have the technology to travel across the void of space then that implies that they have some sort of civilization - a culture that allows the various members of their species to cooperate. The root basis for all civilization as we know it today is religion. Religion served as the binder that allowed us to develop a sense of cultural identity and community. Therefore if they are even remotely like us then it is safe to assume that at some point they had or do have religion.
(01-29-2011, 04:33 PM)Wally Wrote: If they have the technology to travel across the void of space then that implies that they have some sort of civilization - a culture that allows the various members of their species to cooperate. The root basis for all civilization as we know it today is religion. Religion served as the binder that allowed us to develop a sense of cultural identity and community. Therefore if they are even remotely like us then it is safe to assume that at some point they had or do have religion.

Yes, these are valid points! I believe that there are myriad worlds out there, populated by myriad species, and many will no doubt adhere to some form of religion. However, I also believe that many will have outgrown the need for any type of religious belief...
At first I didn't understand what you meant but now I understand better.
it's like the ancient greek believed that anything that happened was their god's willing.
Today we know better Tongue

~Xeo
Alive2Play - A website for gamers!
I would give you rep, Wally Smile
Laurie, I don't believe a society, a healthy society, can actually outgrown religion. Religion may lose its edge how we saw over centuries on earth, but I don't believe it can or should vanish in any forum of higher society Smile